3380 Trickum Road,
Whether you’re focused on business success, family security or community prosperity, we can help you constantly evolve to ensure a bright future. We can help you better understand farm insurance and learn about our premier policy, AgriChoice®.
A farm insurance policy protects your property and offers liability protection for your home and farm or ranch operation.
A typical farm policy covers 5 main areas of protection:
It’s important to understand what your policy covers. AgriChoice lets you choose coverage levels for your home, contents and farm structures:
• Fire and lightning• Windstorm and hail• Collision4• Damage in course of transit4• Explosion• Riot and civil commotion• Sinkhole collapse• Smoke• Theft• Vandalism• Vehicles• Volcanic action
Broad coverageAll basic coverages plus:
• Accidental discharge andleakage of water system• Artificially generatedelectrical current5• Attacks on livestock(except sheep) by dogsor wild animals• Earthquake loss to livestock• Glass breakage in a buildingor structure• Bursting of heating orwater systems• Collapse• Falling objects• Freezing• Sudden and accidentalcollision damage causingdeath of livestock• Weight of ice, snowand sleet
Broad cause of loss for covered livestock also includes:
• Accidental shooting• Drowning• Loading/unloading• Collision causing deathor destruction• Earthquake• Electrocution of livestock• Flood loss
Coverage for risks of direct physical loss to eligible property, unless excluded by the policy.
Typical farm policy coverages include:
• Home and tenant dwellings• Household personal property or contents• Detached garages and other nonfarm structures, includingin-ground pools, outdoor radio and TV antennas, andsatellite dishes• Materials for constructing or repairing buildings, outdoorequipment, the home, grounds and attached structures
Ask us about additional coverages available:
• Credit card theft• Debris removal• Loss of use• Damage to trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
Coverage includes items used in your farming operations:
• Farm machinery and equipment (special coverage)• Livestock (broad coverage)• Farm products, including harvested grain, silage, feed,pesticides and fertilizers (basic coverage)
Our AgriChoice policy allows you to insure on eithera scheduled or a blanket basis:
• Scheduled property is listed by item on your policydeclarations page with separate limits for each piece• Blanket coverage covers all farm personal property atinsured’s location(s); certain exclusions apply
Farm liability covers expenses you are legally liable to pay due to bodily injury or property damage. AgriChoice includes attorney fees and costs to defend.
Points to consider:
Ask us about additional liability coverages available:
• Livestock care, custody and control• Orchard and row crop U-pick• Commercial general liability — for incidental commercial exposures
Your farm policy should cover loss or damage to buildings and structures used in your farming operations. This includes barns, confinement facilities, dairy parlors, silos, portable buildings, pens, chutes and corral fencing, building materials used on farm buildings, private telephone and electric apparatus, and fixed irrigation equipment.
Equipment breakdown — This coverage is designed to help pay for repair or replacement of broken equipment due to mechanical breakdown, electrical arcing, short circuits, power surges and more. It can also cover lost farm income and extra expenses to keep operations running.
New construction — If you add a building, AgriChoice extends coverage during construction of up to $250,000 for 60 days or until the next renewal date.
These coverage options allow you to customize your farm policy to meet your protection needs.
Business auto — Coverage for commercial farm trucks and personal automobiles can be added to an AgriChoice policy. Coverage provides physical damage such as comprehensive and collision, as well as bodily injury and property damage liability coverage.
Umbrella liability — We offer a policy that extends your liability protection. This option is available with AgriChoice and with other liability policies (for example, personal auto, boat and recreational vehicle).
CountryChoice® — This is a small-farm policy tailored to include coverages that best fit your rural acreage needs.
Disruption of farm income — If you have a covered loss that disrupts your income, this endorsement may provide for the resulting income loss. AgriChoice offers an endorsement that packages coverage for income disruption with extraexpenses incurred.
Peak season endorsement — If your inventory of farm products fluctuates throughout the year, this endorsement allows you to indicate the periods when you have higher volumes.
Dwelling ordinance and law — Replacement cost on your home or farm structures allows you to rebuild with like kind or quality construction. If there are ordinances in your area that apply different standards, this endorsement provides coverage for additional costs required to conform to local laws.
Temperature-sensitive farm personal property — This endorsement broadens coverage on refrigerated farm products and supplies. These include damage caused by spoilage due to a change in temperature resulting from electrical interruption or mechanical or electrical breakdown of a refrigeration system.
Ask us about these specialized endorsements:• Beekeepers• Dairy• Fruit and berries• Vineyards and wineries• Orchards